2/27/2006

High Tea

Lately I have found myself enjoying the comfort of my apartment and curling up on my couch while I listen to my favorite Cat Power,  or Death Cab album. The perfect companion-- a warm cup of tea.

I grew accustomed to drinking tea daily when I was in India.  We would have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon tea. Plus if you ever visited anyone's house they would quickly heat some up or send someone out to get it from the local tea stall.  I will never forget rolling up to an Indian railway station in the middle of the night and hearing the tea whallas yelling Chai, Chai in a high pitched nasal voice.

Steeps of late:

- Ginseng Peppermint
- Good Earth Original Blend
- Celestial Seasonings- Bengal Spice
- South India
- Honeyroo- A rooiboos blend that has a honey flavor-  at the local Coffee shop I was always labeled the "high maintenance tea boy because this tea takes 10 minutes to steep-- 10 minutes of wonder, anticipation, and enjoyment of the sent it emits.
- Lest we forget my mom's blend of "spice tea"- instant ice tea mixed with tang and cinnamon

I could not live without my oxo tri-tone whistling tea kettle, my bodum tea basket and my trusty selections of loose leaf tea.

No comments: