3/01/2006

Leftovers & Temptation

One of the great things about cooking at home all the time is that I rarely ever have to spend money at restaurants. I am running low on cash this week until Friday rolls around and I have been living off of leftover Polbano Pesto Pasta and Uppuma. They are great leftovers by the way! I find that when I eat leftovers I like to stagger them. I cannot eat for lunch what I had for dinner the previous night. I shuffle it up a bit.

Feeling tired by leftovers, I gave into the temptation of fried chicken; last night my class mate, Annie, convinced me to eat dinner at a place called Cottage Kitchen. As if the name were not enough, the place really is like a cottage and you can get any arrangement of home cooking. We both chose the fried chicken with two sides (mashed potatoes and green beans). Good home cooking was exactly what I needed to warm my soul.

Then I got home and guiltily had a second meal of leftover Polbano Pesto Pasta.

No comments: