3/17/2006

Weekend of FOOD

I'm in my former home of DC for the week.  When people ask me what my plans are they usually constist of hanging out with friends and eating at my favorite restaurants.

The next question is to list all my favorite restaurants.  After listing them all my friends reply-  sounds like you will have a full time job eating.  That characterization is pretty much reality.

Great places to eat in DC:

- coffee in the morning-  tryst- the chocolate ship waffels are wonderdful and bowls of strong coffee will take you to new heights (adams morgan living room)  
- teaism (tea and they have a wonderful shrimp spring roll with excellent dipping sauce)
- Burma- (second floor eatery in chinatown) one of my favorite palces ot eat!  Get the fresh ginger salad and the pickled mustard plant
- Chinatown Express-  Right below Burma- fresh noodle soup with beef
- Full Kee-  More chineese noodles-  shrimp dumpling soup hong kong style
-Jaleo-  tapas - dates wrapped in bacon YUM!
- Meskerem-  Ethiopean vegetarian combo
-Ammas- South India like Maleyalee's eat (Georgetown)
- Bua - where the waitress know my friend and staurt by face and know exactly what we order as soon as we walk in the door.
- The Diner-  the cliche trendy 24 hour diner in adams morgan-  love to go late at night with Malea and catch up after a hectic day of flying.
- Plus on Sundays the Farmer's Market in Dupont Circle is GREAT!  

I could go on but am already running out of time slots to eat.

No comments: