3/22/2006

Unseasonal Indulgence

A trip to Whole Foods and I am unabashedly inspired by  unseasonal foods. Somewhere I read about how Whole Foods tempts people with organic yet un-seasonal foods.  It's true-  but honestly-  there are only so many roots and tubers that a boy can eat during the winter months. Plus the sun is starting to warm me up and I am ready for the bounty of spring and summer. I am getting a head start with this weeks list of unseasonal produce. (don't tell Alice Waters). Meanwhile my crop of mescelum mix in my window planter is starting to produce some nice seasonal leaves of green goodness.

My canvas of food this week:

- New onions
- Swiss chard
- Red potatos
- Baby bok choi
- Sugar snap peas
- Zucchini (way out of season)
- strawberries

I was also tempted by the fiddlehead ferns but somehow managed to stay away from them-  perhaps next week.

Stay tuned to see what type of puzzle all the pieces form together.

No comments: