3/01/2006

It's Easy Being Green

Contrary to Kermit the Frog's assertion that "it's not easy being green", when it comes to asparagus and dill, it is easy being green.

My fridge remains rather bare,  and while I should stick to principles and try to eek out a meal out of the leftovers and soggy leek in the bottom of the produce drawer, I decided to take a trip to our town's first downtown gourmet food market.   They had their grand opening today. (I live downtown and am very excited about having a gourmet market close to me.)

I am still staying on the minimal side of things.  Though due to slim pickin's in the wallet and a desire for a relaxing meal, I decided to supplement my fridge with new veggies.

I randomly picked a fresh bunch of asparagus and several red potatoes.

A perusal through Alice Water's "Vegetables" and I landed a recipe for simple asparagus soup.  An assembly of Asparagus, red potato, onion and a dallop of creme fraiche. I think I will also have some baked tilapia dusted with dill on the side. And a salad with goat chese fritters ( goat cheese covered in italian bread crumbs and fried). And dessert: Chocolate mint ice cream. YUM!

The added bonus is that I have one more excuse to use my food mill.

A Green Evening!

No comments: