2/22/2006

Julia oh Julia


NYtimes had a great article on my hero Julia Child in the magazine section this past week. She is the best former spy chef that I know. I suggest all of us Juliaphiles cut out the picture of her and place it someplace auspicious in our kitchen--- mine is on my fridge. ( in the hindu tradition of having a shrine to gods in the kitchen) And ironically enough one of Child's first posts as a spy was in the tamil and hindu land of Sri Lanka. I like the think the same sun that cast shadows on her and the steam from her pots in the piture also shines on me when I cook.

Plus a new book is comming out that was co-written with Julia - rememering her time in France when she began her passion for food it is: My Life in France," by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme

No comments: