4/05/2006

Pea Shoot Lunch

It is officially spring and I had my mainstay spring (or for that matter any season) lunch. Whenever I am out of leftovers and in need of a good lunch I throw this meal together in less than 30 min. Today, I used fresh mescelum that I grew in my apartment in a window box. Nothing is quite as fulfilling as eating lettuce that I grew in my own apartment. Plus in this one I added some pea shoots. An added variation includes roasting/grilling baby zucchini and adding it to the salad. YUM!

Fresh spring green salad with a sherry vinnegerette, crumbled goat cheese and toasted pine nuts. Roasted red potatoes, & omlette

The meal is fresh light and so savory. A perfect meal for the middle of a sunny spring day.

1 comment:

nosheteria said...

That meals sounds ideal. It almost seems decadent to make a good meal to enjoy by yourself. And with greens from your own window box? Yes please!