4/28/2006

Lemony Swiss Chard Pancakes


This week finds me in the middle of Law school finals. Usually, all I can manage to do during this time of the year is study, watch mindless TV and sleep. This week however I am cableless and have lots of produce in the fridge waiting for its fate-- my stomach.

My meal tonight included Swiss chard cinnamon pancakes with Lemon Hummus on top, garnished with chiffonad of Sorrel and fresh lemon wedges.

Swiss Chard & Cinnamon Pancakes

Rinse off a bunch of swiss chard then put in a pot on medium heat to wilt the chard

In a separate bowl mix
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 3/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper

When the Chard is wilted add it to the mixture.

Heat a non stick pan with a tad of Olive oil.

Drop heaps of the mixture in and fliip once each side is done- about 3-4 minutes.

Garnish with Hummus or sour cream, or creme fresche, and lemon wedges.

To add more lemon flavor I added chiffonade of sorrel.

A perfect lemon retrete for a warm spring evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke, I just had to comment on this one! It sounds wonderful, something I never would think to put together or try. Which means now I want to try it!

Also, good luck on your finals.