4/16/2006

Indoor Agriculture



The Market today was full of starter herbs, so I gave in to temptation and bought enough to create a window box of herbs, This will add to my already hearty harvest of mixed lettuce that I have growing in the window.

I added:

- Tarragon (great fresh herb with a bitter yet sweet bite I love this herb)
- 2 Basil plants- perfect for pesto and garnishes
- oregeno
- thyme
- chives
- parsley

I love having the ability to step over to my window and pick fresh lettuce for a light salad. And now the freshest of herbs are at my finger tips- my windowsill.


Indoor agriculture is a great addition to weekly trips to the farmers' market and a community garden plot. It adds life to an otherwise dead apartment. Plus I love watching plants grow. Life is amazing!

No comments: