1/25/2010

Farm sitting

I am taking a winter vacation and going to farmsit at Mountain View Farm. Mountain view comes to the market I manage and grows great greens and produce. They also raise beautiful goats, chickens and have a pregnant heifer.

I am looking forward to a week away from the city in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains. While on the farm I'll be feeding the animals, hiking, and cooking up lots of farm inspired meals.

RIght now I am packing up some of my buys from the market this week:

Mushrooms: portobella, oyster, and crimini
Collards
Buffalo chorizo
buffalo summer sausage
leeks
potatoes
Blue magic hubbard squash
fresh mozerella
ricotta
keswick cheese
bacon
pears
chicken

And my friend Sandy of Painted Hand Farm will be visiting mid week and will bring her delicious goat, veal and grass-fed beef and a duck from Pecan Medow.

I am looking forward to a week on the farm, the train ride to harpers ferry and a week of food and friends and farm animals.

No comments: