4/15/2009

Wet and Cold Spring Evening

The past week has been damp and cold. An unwelcome part of spring. But I guess summer will be here soon enough. Tonight. after putting some recently sprouted seeds in little better soil and setting up a grow light for those recently germinated seeds, I decided to cook up some potatoes and mustard greens that I have.

I'm making a simple potato soup: Saute 2 onions in olive oil with a bay leaf and chopped rosemary, peel, quarter and thinly slice potatoes. Add the potatoes to the onions until they are coated and sauteed. Next add a cup of water a 1.5 teaspoon of salt. Then add 1 quart water. Bring to boil and let simmer for 30 minutes. Finally I'll put a cup or two of the potatoes through a food mill then mix in with some butter. and quickly boiled mustard greens, red pepper flakes and lamb sausage balls.

Top it off with shaved Parmesan Cheese

Potato soup on a cold damp spring evening is perfect!

No comments: