4/20/2009

Homemade Pizza

Trader Joes always has exactly what I am looking for. This time it was pre-made pizza dough: Joe's price is right $.99. Plus they have a great variety: regular, herb, and whole wheat. Sometimes I like to get all three and have a pizza party.

After a trip to the farmers market I had local portobello mushrooms, homemade pesto, local mozzarella cheese, and green onions. I knew the best way to use all of this was on top of a fresh pizza.

After rolling out my dough (in a shape roughly representing the West Bank)I brushed the dough with Olive oil and spread my homemade pesto on the pizza. Next I added portobello mushrooms, which had been tossed with olive oil, rosemary and red-pepper flakes. Next layer, fresh tomatoes and top with fresh green onions. Put in oven, until the mushrooms and tomatoes are nicely cooked. Finally add mozzarella and let melt. Top with fresh cut green onions.

No comments: