11/22/2006

Prelude to Thanksgiving

Whenever I come home for the holidays my mom always asks me what my requested meal is. This time I did not hesitate I wanted King Ranch Chicken Cassarole. Nothing makes me feel like home like a good cassarole. And not surprisingly, two weeks ago when my sister came home she also requested King Ranch Chicken Cassarole.

King Ranch Chicken Cassarole


Ingredients:

3-4 cups cooked boned and diced chicken breast ( boil it) ( keep the broth)

1Lb Sharp chedder cheese grated

8-9 flour tortillas cut into pieces

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can chicken broth (retained from boiling of the chicken)

1 can celery Soup

1 small can chopped green chillis

1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chillies

Directions

1)soften tortillas in chicken broth

2) mix all soups and broth togetrher with chillies and tomatos and heat slowly

3) Season with salt and pepper

4) In Buttered cassarole dish layer tortillas, chicken and soup in that order then top with cheese. Continue layering untill all ingredients are used. Final layer should be cheese

5) Bake at 350 for 1 hour

1 comment:

Luke said...

this would also be good with left over turkey instead of the chicken. A great way to use up that o'le bird from three days ago. In which case it would be Epilouge to thanksgiving