6/04/2006

Brunch With Myself and the farmland of Kentucky

I enjoy a great brunch filled with friends and an added mimosa is great too. Likewise, I have fond memories of Sunday mornings lounging in bed and making coffee and breakfast with the boy. However for the past six months I have had an opportunity to develop an appreciation for the brunch with myself. It is one of the most self indulgent things a person can give themself.

Perfect cobination:
- Read the Sunday Times
- moka pot cappiccino
- Sunday brunch

I've had multiple variations on the brunch theme:

- fresh salad with vinnegerette and goat cheese with an omlette filled with fresh vegtables and goat cheese
- waffels with fresh strawberries
- bacon bacon bacon

Today I am using up the last of my asparagus:

- roasted kentucky asparagus topped with a kentucky poched egg and goat cheese ( from southern Indiana) and bacon, with a refreshing drink of lemon italian soda and a couple fresh Kentucky strawberries.

It is a Kentucky sunday brunch.

Plus the postal service is playing in the background.

I love my time with myself at sunday brunch.

No comments: