1/08/2008

New Apartment New Kitchen



I recently moved into a new apartment. As soon as all the boxes got to the apartment (even as my friends were still there eating pizza and drinking beer) I couldn't wait to unpack my kitchen stuff. It has been in storage for 4 months and was gasping for air! I felt like little kid on christmas day opening each box and getting excited about the contents. Moving into a new kitchen is also exciting because I got to figure out where i want everything to go and how to decorate.

Now I face a small dilemma: How do I stock my cabinets? I have very limited cabinet space. Plus in the process of moving everything i realized that i store a lot of food that i end up never eating. But now the real dilemma: I am having my best friend and her husband over for dinner ( my first meal i have cooked in a while) and I don't have any staples. Now olive oil, no salt no pepper, no herbs, no spices!!

It is either going to be a bland dinner or I am going to have to take out a small loan to stock the kitchen. Needless to say, the fact that I now have my kitchen back I am looking forward to more cooking, having friends over and sharing here.

No comments: